This program was set up to assist undergraduate and postgraduate students in the Motherland - AFRICA - to acquire knowledge in Universities, Colleges and other Institutions of learning in the United States. It is an initiative of the Union of Africa Americans in the United States as part of a special contribution for the development of the human resources of the Motherland.
This scholarship is open to only African students not above age 39. To qualify for selection, candidates must meet the stated basic requirements, in addition to ensuring that entries are made not later than the specified deadline date. Candidates are selected from the fully completed entries received and verified before 31st December. Successful candidates are notified before end February of the following year.
Strong willingness for intellectual pursuit is a necessary prerequisite. To succeed, an applicant should submit relevant details including certificates or results showing sound or good academic background.
A recipient of the scholarship will be assisted to study in United States Free of tuition throughout the duration of the chosen program. In addition, the recipient will provisionally receive an annual allowance of US$4,000 for welfare. A recipient will also be assisted to get Student Visa which will expire at the end of the chosen program of five (5) years, (and 8 years for courses lasting beyond 5 years).
Optionally, a recipient/student under this program will be assisted to secure a part-time job which enable the student work while schooling and earn extra income. This is only done on request.
1. Completed Entry Form (to be made online). Apply Now
2. Entry Fee of US$100 (₦68500 Nigeria, ¢867 Ghana, R1672 South Africa). See How To Pay
3. Five credit passes in O/level exams, including English Language, Mathematics and three other subjects (undergraduate program).
4. First degree / HND (Postgraduate program).
5. Your recent color passport photograph.
1. Interested persons will complete the application form on this website, include all requirements.
2. All received documents, qualifying certificates and results will be verified before 20 December.
3. Applicants whose documents were verified correct will be entered for selection on 31 December.
4. The selection result will be published on this website before end February, and applicants will be notified.
5. We commence admission processing for successful applicants into the universities or institutions we selected for the program.
6. Notification documents will be sent to candidates for Visa processing and travel guidelines.
Special low rate hostels are arranged for new visiting students in the first academic year. Detailed information and travel guidelines will be sent to successful candidates.
Entry for the year 2022 must be received from now to November 30, 2022. The application form on this website will be locked after the 5500th entry or after November 30, 2022.